About Workspaces Beta
Workspaces is aimed at both analysts and business users, helping to make the use of data in companies more efficient and more enjoyable.
This innovative and incredibly easy-to-use interface is ideal for getting the most out of Piano Analytics data in your organization:
- With just a few clicks, you can create, format, and share boards based on fully customizable data sets
- With Workspaces, business users have access to ready-made, perfectly targeted data. They can interact with the content to analyze the data in different ways
Creation and viewing rights
Creating and modifying
Only users with an "Explore data" role or higher can create a board.
Only the owner of a board (or the administrator of the organization) can edit, share or delete that board.
➡️ Public boards:
All users, regardless of their role, can view a public board.
Private reports incorporated into a public board are visible to all users who view it. They cannot be viewed outside the board.
➡️ Private boards:
Only the owners of a private board can view it.
Create, edit a board
To create a board, open the Library, then click on the "+" button at the bottom right of the interface.
Select "New board".
A board is made up of tiles, each one displaying data from reports created in Data Query.
To select the reports to be added to your board, click on the "+" button in the lower right corner of the Library.
A side panel lists all the reports you have access to (private and public). You can do a search to refine the list of available reports (1), but also change the sorting order of the search results (2).
If you want to create a new report to add to your board, click on the "+" button on top of the panel (3). A new window will open on Data Query, where you can create your new report. When you return to your board, you will be able to instantly access the newly created reports.
InfoThe icons before each report name show which graphic display is used by default in the report and therefore on the tile. This information comes from the report configuration set up in Data Query.
Double-click on the name of the reports you want to include in the board. They will be added as tiles, arranged one below the other.
Change the layout of the tiles
You can change the layout of the tiles by dragging and dropping them to specific locations:
- Click on a tile and move it to the desired location
- Separators appear showing where you can move the tile
- To place a tile, move it over the desired separator, wait until it turns blue and then release the click
The board will automatically adjust the size of the tiles according to the location you choose.
InfoIt is not possible to add more than 3 tiles per row.
Delete a tile
To delete a tile, hover over it and click on the trash icon.
Name and save the board
Click on the pencil to the right of the board title to give it a name and a description. The description is optional:
- You can use it to describe the board, but also to present its contents, give reading instructions, etc.
- If you don't want to display the description in the board, deactivate it
- The description will still be used to describe the board in the Library
Be careful, at this stage you have still not saved your board! Remember to close the title & description editing window, then click on the "Save" button.
The board is now listed in the Library, by default as a private resource. After each save, the board switches to "view" mode (see below).
Editing a board
Editing is available in several places:
- On the board in view mode, click on the "Edit" button or on the "+" button at the bottom of the screen
- On the Library by clicking on the edit pencil.
- Use the quick edition of the Library by using the quick edition mode if you only want to make a few changes to the title, the description or the visibility (public/private) of the board
Viewing and using a board
It is possible to interact with the tiles to analyze the data they present in different ways:
- Click on the name of a metric to replace it with another metric available in the report
- Click on the "view " icon of a tile to change the default graphic display
Full screen tiles
Click on the icon at the top right of a tile to open it in full screen: you will then be able to interact with the report exactly as in Explorer.
The full screen view allows you to further explore and manipulate the data synthesized in the tile. The manipulations performed are not saved when you leave this view so as not to alter the initial content of the tile or the board.