Poool is a company that offers subscription and monetization solutions for online content publishers, particularly for news media and websites. Poool enables publishers to implement subscription models, payment systems, and paywalls for their online content. The aim is to help publishers generate revenue while offering users flexible content consumption options.
Poool's services include customizing subscription offerings, data analytics to better understand readers behavior, payment management, and the ability to set up payment systems for premium or exclusive content. They also provide solutions for managing access limits to free articles through paywalls.
Learn more on https://www.poool.fr/fr.
PA Connect Poool
The PA Connect Poool allows you to track the performance of your various paywalls directly in the Piano Analytics. This connector helps you analyze your audience’s behavior and understand why they subscribe or pay to access your content. Develop a winning monetization strategy by segmenting your audience and customizing your paywalls.
- Monetize your audience: deploy various dynamic paywalls in a few clicks from the Poool editor dashboard (subscription, offered article, ads, survey, links...).
- Track the performance of your paywalls: automatic display of data related to Poool paywalls in the Analytics Suite 2. Performance analysis (impressions, clicks...).
- Segment your audience: reconcile Poool/Piano Analytics data and segment audiences according to their behaviour (volatile, regular casual, fans, personalized).
Connector principles (PA SDK version)
You must have an Piano Analytics account, a Poool account and a Poool SDK implementation to set up this integration. Tracking tags of both solutions must be available on your websites.
Setting up the integration in Poool
Setting up the integration is quick and easy. Simply add the following configuration line in the scripts' configuration, depending on the version you use:
- SDK Poool Legacy :
poool('config', ‘piano_auto_tracking_enabled’, true);
- SDK Poool V2 :
In Access configuration :
In Audit configuration :
Tracking Poool data
Once the technical part has been implemented, you can configure your various paywalls in the Poool editor dashboard. All you have to do is wait for visitors to interact with your paywalls so that the data can be sent to Piano Analytics.
Each interaction will generate a Piano Analytics "self_promotion.impression" or "self_promotion.click" event, depending on the nature of the action.
The following properties and values are sent within these events:
- onsitead_type : self_promotion
- onsitead_campaign : paywall_poool
- onsitead_category : events sent by poool. These correspond to all types of wall display and user actions
- onsitead_format : scenario
- onsitead_creation : [widget type] which corresponds to the widget
- onsitead_url : redirection url filled in
- onsitead_variant : context name / segment name / scenario name / action detail
For more details on some of the values pushed by Poool, please see the "And behind it all, how does it work?" section of their dedicated documentation.
Analyse your data in Piano Analytics
Data from the PA Connect Poool is automatically uploaded to Piano Analytics. By logging on to the Explorer tool, you can access this data in the Content > On-site Ads > Self-promotion campaigns section of the interface:
Impressions and clicks are automatically tracked in metrics. In the example below we see that Poool paywalls were displayed 54 times, for 9 clicks, giving us a Click rate of 17%:
This data is of course available in our data mining tool Data Query.
- Partner's documentation: https://help.poool.fr/en/articles/6872911-how-to-connect-poool-with-your-piano-analytics-connector