What are "Privacy" flags?
In Analytics Suite Delta, properties contain all the qualitative information you need to carry out your analysis.
Some of these properties may contain personal data and are subject to specific privacy-compliant processing.
"Privacy" flags are a specific processing rule that can be applied to certain properties.
They have a range of uses:
- Remove the value of a property from processing using a specific visitor Privacy mode
- Anonymise user data in case of a specific request (coming soon)
- Recover user data in case of a specific request (coming soon)
Delete the value of a property in processing using a specific visitor Privacy mode
Data collection is now regulated by various laws around the world.
At AT Internet, we provide "visitor modes" that are fed directly from the tag, allowing you to manage your users' choices in detail.
These Privacy visitor modes already allow you, from your tags, to block the collection of certain information. In your interfaces, you can also find the collection mode of each event, allowing you to apply the appropriate processing to it.
Now "Privacy" flags allow you to go further.
Using a visitor mode in an event, you can purge the value of the properties associated with the "Privacy" flag for the particular mode, directly from the data processing.
This has two advantages:
- It doubles your security! You ensure that if there is an implementation error in the tag, any surplus property collected can be deleted during processing
- The tag does not do everything! Some information is not fed directly from the tag. For example, geolocation or device detection. "Privacy" flags therefore allow you to delete this information.
More details in the dedicated article.
Make sure you don't confuse the purging of ownership allowed by Privacy Flags with the anonymisation of traffic already provided by AT Internet.
The data collected in "optout" or "no-consent" privacy visitor mode are excluded from the general traffic.
It is therefore not necessary for these modes to fill in any "Privacy" flags, as the data is anonymised by default.
How do you set up a "Privacy" flag?
The setting of a "Privacy" flag is done directly from the Data Management interface.
Once you have identified the property, you can edit it by clicking on "action".
There is a "Privacy" section in the property's editing panel:
There are two options:
- Privacy" flag: Check box indicating that this property is associated with a "Privacy" flag
- Privacy Visitor Mode to be filled in: Fill in the privacy visitor modes for which the "Postal Code" property value will be purged
Each time an event containing the "postcode" property is collected, the value of the property will be cleared if the event was collected under a Privacy "exempt" or "MyCustomMode" visitor mode.
You can check that this rule has been applied from the "processing" tab.