AT Internet provides analyses and dimensions to view this data, but since search engines, like Google or Bing, have been serving their website with a https:// protocol, it has become very difficult to get this data. The data telling us that it is an image search or what the keywords are is in the query string of the URL, but under this protocol based on SSL encryption we can only collect the main part of the URL as a referrer and not the whole URL for security reasons. This a technical phenomenon that affects all Analytics tools, even Google Analytics. When it comes to paid advertising, it is still possible to collect such information as you control the information you send to us, via the tag.
Why am I seeing so many undefined keywords and search categories?
Articles in this section
- Can an HTTPS site be the referrer for an HTTP site?
- Can we measure organic traffic sources (URLs) on mobile apps?
- Can we retrieve information from our UTM campaigns?
- Distinction of Google Discover sources
- Does Piano Analytics prioritize the campaign tracking parameters or the referrer for source attribution?
- How do I tag push campaigns?
- How does Piano Analytics identify Search engines?
- How to anonymize marketing campaign URLs?
- How to explain the gap between the number of clicks on Facebook and the number of visits in Piano Analytics?
- How to measure campaigns on mobile applications with the old SDKs during the transition period?